Monday, March 17, 2008

Palm Sunday

Yesterday at our new church, Prestonwood North, we celebrated Palm Sunday. Palm Sunday was when Jesus rode into the city and people put there coats on the ground and praised him singing Hosannah. Well in church we were singing Hosannah, while this video played scenes of what it might have been like. All of the sudden I see palm branches waving down the middle isle. It was children and teachers waiving palm branches and singing. I don't know if the kids really new the exact words, but it did not matter. The thought of these innocent children praising Jesus and singing hosanna brought tears to my eyes. That is what it was like. No matter what, people just wanted to praise Jesus. Then as the song ends and the children are leaving I see that my precious Luke is one of the kids. All day yesterday he was waving his palm branch and singing Hosannah. He loves Jesus and that makes me so happy. We are really trying to stress what Easter means and this was a great way to start the week of Easter. If you do not have a church to go to, I would like to invite you to Prestonwood North. We love it. You can check out the web at prestonwood.org/north. Happy Easter Week. Let's all put our eyes on Jesus during this very special week.

No comments: